DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Have you been wondering what the best affiliate programs for beginners are in 2020? You’re not alone! I’ve been asked this question a lot.
There has never been a better time to dive into the affiliate marketing world with spend expected to hit 6.8 billion by the end of 2020!
Bloggers, YouTubers, digital nomads, 9-5 escapees, dads, mums with kids, solopreneurs and even OAPs are getting on the affiliate marketing bandwagon.
There are many top paying affiliate programs in multiple niches like; website hosting, travel, finance, website builders, e-commerce, digital software, email marketing, fitness, travel, fashion and beauty.
This list is not exhaustive, whatever passion you have, you’ll likely find an affiliate program attached to a product you’ve used.
The good thing with affiliate marketing is that there are many ways to earn money. You can make money with affiliate marketing by starting a website on WordPress and hosting it on Siteground (the best domain host). Check out the section below on the best affiliate programs for bloggers.
If writing is not for you, you can start affiliate marketing without a website. Some options are; starting a YouTube channel, promoting on social media and through an email list or talking to people in the real world.
Right, let’s take a look at the best affiliate programs for beginners in 2020.
What is an Affiliate Marketing Program?
An affiliate marketing program is an arrangement where a merchant will pay a marketer commission for selling their product. Affiliate marketing programs can be set up for physical and digital products. Commissions can range from as low as 1/2% up to 200% of the sale.
As the affiliate, you will have a unique link that tracks any customers that buy through you. Affiliate marketing programs are a win for both parties. The merchant gets more traffic driven to his product by the affiliate. On the flip side, the affiliate has the potential to make a lucrative income by getting paid when leads buy through his links.
How to Choose a Great Affiliate Program?
When searching through the best affiliate programs for beginners, you need to consider a few things. Take your time to gather information on a product, so you don’t potentially choose something of low quality.
Here are some qualities to consider when choosing an affiliate marketing program for beginners.
- The product is popular and selling. You may think you have to go super-niche as a beginner and choose an affiliate program that no one else is promoting. The thing is, if the product and affiliate program is not popular, maybe there is a reason for this. Competition is good, especially as a beginner, meaning you can ride on the wave of other big sellers.
- It offers a decent commission. High ticket affiliate marketing is a great way to go, as you will get to your monthly income goals quicker. High ticket commissions can range from 50% up to 200%. Other things to look at are; is it a recurring commission or a multi-tier commission system.
- Does it have affiliate support?
Best Affiliate Programs for Beginners 2020
If you’ve decided to go down the website route, we’re first going to discuss the best affiliate programs for bloggers. You may think blogging is way too competitive, but if you take the time to write great content and learn how to market your blog, you’ll be able to make a lifechanging income.
One top blogger, affiliate marketer and coach I look up to; Adam Enfroy, launched his blog in January 2019 and in 1 year is pulling in around 45k a month! Totally inspiring!
Here are 5 of the best affiliate programs for bloggers.
Siteground is a reliable, popular webhost provider that I have used for years. Recommended by WordPress and giving generous affiliate commissions, it is one of the best affiliate programs for bloggers. Host your WordPress website with Siteground for as little as $3.95 a month and get the best customer support.
- Commission: $50 for 1-5 sales monthly, $75 for 6-10 sales monthly, $100 for 11-20 sales monthly and a custom agreed commission for 21 sales and over monthly.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Yes! Siteground are well known for their fast, helpful support. Enjoy a range of affiliate tools like; banners/visuals, in-house tracking, campaign tools, custom landing pages and even complimentary hosting.
- Cookie and payment terms: Pay is weekly without a minimum payment threshold. Cookie life is 60 days.
Check out my Best WebHost review 2019.
Read my article on how to set up a WordPress website on Siteground here.
Clickbank is a major player in the affiliate world and has been around for over 17 years. It’s one of the best affiliate programs for beginners and especially bloggers who want to sell digital products.
Clickbank is easy to use and navigate for beginner affiliate marketers and has a ton of free training in their Clickbank University.
You can choose products in any type of niche and scroll through the gravity score which relates to how the product is selling. The higher the gravity score means more competition, but also that the product is selling well.
- Commission. The rate and structure of commission offered will vary from product to product. Some products will pay up to 75% which is great.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Yes! Check out the Clickbank university for free marketing resources and how-to guides.
- Cookie and payment terms. Cookie terms range from 30 days to lifetime! This means some vendors will reward you even after driving a customer to the first sale and you’ll get a commission for anything else they buy, forever! Expect payments to arrive between 30-60 days.
3. Amazon Associates
One of the biggest online stores in the world, led by the richest man in the world – we all know Amazon. Having a huge range of products, it’s one of the best affiliate programs for beginner bloggers to promote. It’s a great place to learn the ropes as a beginner affiliate marketer. Commissions are usually quite small, but Amazon offer affiliates the opportunity to earn more, the more traffic they drive.
- Commission. Earnings can range from 1-10% of the sale depending on the product. Some of the higher paid commissions seem to come from products in the luxury beauty, home improvement and digital categories.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Get an in-depth walkthrough of Amazon Associates on their platform. Check out many blog and video guides online.
- Cookie and payment terms. The cookie life is 24 hours but it does get extended if a customer puts an item into their shopping cart after visiting through your link. Commissions get paid out after you reach $10 and after 60 days.
4. Get Response
If you’ve started your own blog, it’s recommended to use an email autoresponder. This software will enable you to follow up with and keep in touch with cold and warm leads.
One of the best email autoresponders is Get Response which is approving of affiliate marketers. The Get Response affiliate program offers generous commissions, a lot of help for beginners and fast payments.
- Commission. Choose to receive either; a one-time commission of $100 for every referral or 33% recurring monthly payments.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Get round the clock support, free tutorials on their blog and a wealth of infographics to use in your affiliate campaigns.
- Cookie and payment terms. Enjoy generous cookie terms of 120 days and expect to receive payments on the 20th of each month.
Check out my Aweber vs Get Response review video below.
SEMRush is one of the best affiliate programs for bloggers as every website needs help improving its SEO. Improving your sites SEO means more traffic and more customers. Use SEMRush yourself so you can promote it genuinely.
SEMRush is one of the top SEO tools for businesses, helping with keyword research and improving website ranking.
- Commission. BeRush is their affiliate program which offers a generous 40% monthly recurring commission. You have the opportunity to make money selling their Pro, Guru and Business plans.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Customer support is available and the BeRush team holds a monthly competition paying an extra $100 for the best content.
- Cookie and payment terms. Payments given twice monthly on amounts over $50. Enjoy hugely generous 10-year cooking terms!
Affiliate Programs That Don’t Require a Website
Even though starting a website is pretty cheap these days, I understand in the beginning you may not want the hassle of a website. Some affiliate programs don’t require you to have a website anyway.
Other ways to promote your affiliate links are; social media, YouTube, email marketing and word of mouth.
The amount of money you can make will vary, depending on the product you choose. Usually, software platforms, digital products, and products with a recurring commission will make you good money.
Here’s 5 of the top affiliate programs that don’t require a website.
Shopify is a huge e-commerce platform allowing people to build and host their own stores. For a monthly fee, anyone can build a beautiful shop, fill it with products and process orders right within the platform.
It’s a low cost, passive model where you can let big merchants like Ali Express and Oberlo fulfill orders. Shopify literally gives you everything you need to run a successful store. Alongside this, it has a generous affiliate program.
- Commission. Earn on average $58 per sign up and $2,000 for a Shopify Plus referral! You get 100% of the commission on the first and second payment someone makes.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Yes! Round the clock customer support by chat and email. Get tips and tricks from their strategy page, watch their free affiliate introduction course and take advantage of free promotional tools like banners and a ready-made video course by Ezra Firestone.
2. EBay Partner Network
EBay seems to have been going forever and they’re still going strong. You can buy everything and the kitchen sink on EBay, which draws in huge amounts of loyal customers. This is why, signing up for their affiliate program could be a great move. If you’re looking for an affiliate program that doesn’t require a website, EBay is a great choice.
- Commission. Expect to make 50-70% of EBay’s revenue share, which means if this number is $100, you can make $50-70. Enjoy double the commission if you bring in someone new or a buyer who has been lapsed for a long time.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Get a ton of help reading through their EBay Partner network popular guides.
Clickfunnels has a generous affiliate program, offering its affiliates multiple ways to make money. Recommend Clickfunnels different monthly plans, promote products and sign people up to Russel Brunson’s One Funnel Away challenge.
With so many options, Clickfunnels is an awesome software to promote and many people make huge amounts of money promoting it. You can even get your lease of a luxury car covered, once you sign up enough people to Clickfunnels!
- Commission. Get 40% recurring commission on monthly plan sign-ups. Basic is $97pm and Platinum $297pm. Earn $100 for everyone you sign up for the One Funnel Away Challenge. Get paid $1 per free book someone orders through your link; Traffic Secrets, Dotcom Secrets and Expert Secrets. But, you have the potential to make $100s more on backend offers.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Check out the free Affiliate Bootcamp here and they have a ton of free training on the Clickfunnels blog.
- Cookie and payment terms. Clickfunnels cookie duration is 30 days and payments are made monthly.
4. Rakuten Marketing
It is possible to be an affiliate with Rakuten without a website, but you may find product owners a little less likely to accept you.
If you do get accepted, Rakuten is a great award-winning platform to be a part of, giving lots of help to affiliates. Rakuten functions in over 200 countries, meaning affiliates across the globe can receive money as an affiliate with Rakuten.
- Commission. The money you earn as a Rakuten affiliate can vary depending on what products you promote. Just by referring Rakuten to family and friends, you will receive $25 and they will get a $10 gift card on sign up.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Rakuten offers an in-depth quick-start guide for new affiliates. Chat support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cookie and payment terms. These terms can vary. Check on sign up with a product owner.
5. Fiverr Affiliates
Why not promote freelance services to your audience and earn commissions from Fiverr. The Fiverr affiliate program is flexible allowing you to promote; freelance services, Fiverr Pro, Fiverr Learn and the And.Co Fiverr app.
Earn different commissions for each one. It’s super easy to sign up as a Fiverr affiliate on their platform and you can also find them on CJ Affiliates.
- Commission. Earn up to $50 for referring someone to Fiverr services, $150 for referring someone to Fiverr Pro and 30% commission on Fiverr courses and the And.Co app software.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? The Fiverr affiliates guide gives you step by step instructions on how to set up as an affiliate, monitor your campaigns and get paid.
- Cookie and payment terms. Fiverr gives a generous 365-day cookie duration and pays affiliates monthly when they’ve earned over $100.
Free Affiliate Programs That Pay Daily
When you’re looking for the best affiliate programs for beginners, it’s likely you won’t have lots of cash to throw around. This is why you’re starting affiliate marketing right, to ditch your 9-5 and make a lucrative income working remotely.
The good thing is, there are multiple free affiliate programs that pay daily – so you don’t have to wait for payments. Some even offer instant commission payouts! So, if you don’t want to wait 30 days or sometimes even longer, let’s take a look at the 5 best free affiliate programs that pay daily.
JVZoo is a free platform to join as an affiliate. They pay their affiliates instantly after every commission made, so you’re never left hanging. As a JVZoo affiliate, you can promote a wide range of digital products in many niches.
Some of their popular product categories are; business, e-commerce, self-improvement, health/fitness, and software. The platform is easy to navigate by filtering products in the search bar.
- Commission. Payouts from promoting products on JVZoo can vary, but you can expect to earn 50% or more.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? JVZoo offers a free video training course for its affiliates. This will help you get started choosing products, making commissions and learning how to set up your account.
- Cookie and payment terms. Payments are made after every sale, instantly! Cookie terms will be set by each vendor you promote for.
Warrior Plus is a popular affiliate program, where you’ll find educational and software products to promote. Their platform is easy to navigate, has great products and it’s possible to get instant payouts.
Sign up easily on their platform, and you can start applying to promote products on Warrior Plus straight away. A popular way to make money with Warrior Plus products is ‘launch jacking’, where you promote a product as it releases.
- Commission. Payouts will vary depending on what product you are promoting. Vendors have the ability to set unique commission structures, which can be increased to incentivize affiliates. Expect commissions of 40-100%.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? You can ask questions and follow other experienced marketers in the Warrior Plus forum.
- Cookie and payment terms. Once you are active on Warrior Plus and have a good seller score, you will be liable for instant payouts. Cookie terms will vary by product.
Peerfly is a CPA network which means Cost Per Action. It’s relatively easy to make good money with Peerfly, as you can get paid when a lead clicks on a banner and takes the required ‘action’.
It has thousands of products to promote and has a simple, easy to use dashboard. Peerfly gives affiliates a ton of tools and resources to help maximize earnings.
- Commission. Payments will vary depending on what offer you promote
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Learn the basics in the Peerfly affiliate marketing guides and link directory. You can also ask questions in the Peerfly forum.
- Cookie and payment terms. Although it is possible to get paid instantly with Peerfly, they do add on a 24% interest fee for this privilege. To avoid this, opt for the weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payouts.
Mobidea is a mobile CPA network (Cost Per Action) and deserves to be on the list of best affiliate programs for beginners. There is no approval process and the platform is pretty simple to use.
You can find a wide variety of products to promote including ones in dating, health, beauty, electronics, apps, gaming and videos. They offer a lot of help with your campaigns like tracking technology, analytics and awesome support.
- Commission. Payments can vary depending on the product you promote.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? Take a look at the Mobidea Academy page to read a ton of helpful articles.
- Cookie and payment terms. Payments are usually made weekly on Wednesdays but you can request to be paid daily. Cookie terms will vary.
This is an ideal platform to look for affiliate products, if you’re in the healthcare niche. Dr.Cash is one of the best affiliate programs for beginners that works with Nutra Vertical.
Expect to find products for skincare, supplementation, weight loss, and testosterone plus many more. It has a relatively simple sign up process, a modern dashboard and analytics to keep track of your offers.
- Commission. Pays out twice daily! Payouts will vary depending on what you promote.
- Help for beginner affiliate marketers? They offer 24/7 affiliate support to help novices get started.
- Cookie and payment terms. Payouts twice a day with varied cookie terms.
Best Affiliate Programs for Beginners 2020 — Conclusion
As you can see, when you are looking for the best affiliate programs for beginners, there are many to choose from. Have a look through them all, do your research and find products that align with your skills and passions.
Remember, every affiliate program will have slightly different rules, so always read the guidelines.
Always check their commission structure, how much help you’ll get as a beginner affiliate marketer and what their cookie/payment terms are.
A good rule of thumb is to actually choose products to promote you have actually used. This way, you can talk about them genuinely and not risk your reputation by promoting something you don’t even know about.
Take a look at these tips on how to pick a profitable affiliate marketing niche.
Have a read through the 5 essential resources for affiliates.
To get your affiliate business off on the right foot, check out my FREE affiliate marketing training.
Like this post? Share it….