DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Quora is a leading question and answer platform built for people to share and find information. It doesn’t take long to learn how to get leads from Quora. Anyone can create a profile on Quora and ask or answer questions. Quora has a high domain authority and sends the second-highest amount of referral traffic, only beaten by Facebook!
As an entrepreneur, it’s well worth getting a profile on Quora and sharing your knowledge. For the last month, I’ve been active on Quora, deciding to make it part of my social media strategy. I’ve had a profile on Quora for a while but I never did anything with it.
So far, my results have been surprisingly decent and I’ve managed to achieve;
- Becoming a contributor in 4 spaces
- 32.2k overall content views
- Over 5k views on one article I shared
- Had one of my answers featured in over 1,000 peoples Quora digest!
My followers are still a fairly average number at 161. But, this continues to grow every day that I answer questions.
Consistency is key, like with many social media platforms and I try and answer at least 1 question a day sometimes up to 3 questions. The more helpful you are, the more your authority grows and the more exposure you get.
Being a Quora contributor was something I didn’t even imagine happening!? I didn’t even know it was possible either until I got a message asking me to be one!
But since I started being a contributor for different spaces, I realised the power it gives you. Let’s take a look how you can get leads from Quora and drive massive traffic to your website or offer.
What is a Quora Contributor?
A Quora contributor is someone who has the power to share their content, straight into a Quora space which is like a group. You no longer have to submit your article or answer to the space and wait for it to be reviewed by an admin, you have free rein to add your content whenever you feel like it.
Quora spaces are niche groups, set up by someone who has an authority or passion for a certain subject. To get followers, this space needs to post great content frequently and have awesome questions asked, answered and shared into the group.
This can be a big job alone and this is why the admin of a Quora space will search for contributors to help them out. They will look for other active, knowledgeable people in their niche who they can trust to share great content and answer questions well, without just constantly promoting themselves.
How to Become a Quora Contributor?
I’ve managed to become a Quora contributor in a few different ways. The first way surprised me as it was within my first few weeks of being active on the platform.
My main niche I write in on Quora is affiliate marketing and I started to realise after answering a question, you can also share it to a space. So, before you start answering questions, join relevant spaces in your niche, especially the ones you’d like to contribute for.
- Share helpful answers to spaces you want to contribute for. After you answer a question, you know would be helpful to a certain Quora space, press the share tab and your followed spaces should show up. Click on the one you’d like to share the answer to and it will be shared to the group, pending a check by the moderator.
If the moderator likes your answer, it will be shared to the space. Once you’ve shared a few helpful answers in a space, the moderator will see you know what you’re talking about and may ask you to be a contributor.
- Click on the ‘’apply to contribute’’ tab. Simple, but effective! I originally didn’t realise you could actually just ask and thought you had to be invited. But one group I followed, I saw they had a tab saying; apply to be a contributor. So I hit the tab and sent a message to the moderator asking if I could contribute, stating I was still learning but looking to contribute valuable content and not just take. It worked and I got invited to contribute!
- Ask to contribute, even if there isn’t a contribute tab. I’ve heard of others having success with this method. It’s probably a good idea to spend some time sharing well thought out answers and quality content to the space to show you know what you’re talking about. Then after a while, if you haven’t been asked to contribute, send a message to the moderator.
What Are the Benefits of Being a Quora Contributor?
If you are a solopreneur or a large business, being a Quora contributor for niche spaces has many advantages.
- Share your blog posts, knowledge and video content to a ready-made audience who are interested in your niche
- Drive leads to your blog, YouTube channel, lead magnet, email list, paid services or special offer
- Getting more exposure for your business or brand
- Build up your authority in a niche
- Potentially get more sales and make more money!
Other Ways to Get Noticed on Quora
Alongside answering questions on Quora, it’s a good idea to start seeing Quora as a community like any other social media site. Don’t go on there just having the mindset to help yourself and your business.
Become an active member of the community asking questions, reading other people’s answers and upvoting them if you got value.
Follow other members in your niche and communicate with them. Leave a comment on other people’s answers and over time you should get the same support back.
I have seen such great benefits with Quora, just in a short timeframe of a month. I’m definitely going to keep my efforts up with Quora and see where it takes me.
Do you know how to get leads from Quora? Have you become a Quora contributor? Let me know any experiences you’ve had in the comments below…